This building was constructed under R.C. Harris – Toronto's longest-serving Public Works Commissioner. The art deco style was popular with civic buildings constructed during this time. It operated until the 1970s as an incinerator, and then became a waste transfer facility. It was closed in 1996. Since then, it has been renovated and was re-opened in 2018 as Junction Craft Brewery.
- Partial wheelchair access
Contact info150 Symes Road
Telephone: 416-766-1616, ext. 204
ArchitectureYear built: 1932-34
Architect: Kenneth Stevenson Gillies (under R.C. Harris)
Architectural style: Art deco
Building type: Commercial
Dates/hours openSaturday May 23 – Sunday May 24, 2020
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.