During Doors Open, take a closer look at the historical Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre Centre – the last operating double-decker theatre facility in the world. These stacked Vaudevillian-era theatres were saved from demolition in 1981 by the Ontario Heritage Trust. Volunteers will answer questions as you explore the building. No food or beverages allowed. Photography permitted (no tripods).
- Partial wheelchair access
- National Historic Site (Canada)
- Self-guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info189 Yonge Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1913-14
Architect: Thomas Lamb (designer)
Architectural style: Edwardian
Building type: Theatre
Dates/hours openSaturday May 23, 2020
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.