Osada Sv. Petra (St. Peter’s Parish) was formed in 1906 to serve the Slovak Catholic community. The church, near completion, was lost to fire in 1907. The rebuilt Romanesque-style church seen today was completed in 1911. Stations of the Cross in Slovak, ordered from France in 1908, grace the church’s interior, along with ceiling murals by artist L. Scott Young.
- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info700 McIntosh Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1911
Architect: H.R. Halton
Architectural style: Romanesque revival
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday September 8, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.