This church, constructed in 1824 in the early English Gothic-revival style, is the oldest in the former Talbot Settlement, and the oldest brick structure in St. Thomas. The church retains many interesting features, including a lych-gate, a Cotswold spire, box pews and Queen Victoria’s coat of arms. The cemetery has an extra-large tombstone, the Chisholm monument and the witches grave.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Self-guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info55 Walnut Street
St. Thomas, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1824
Architectural style: Gothic revival
Building type: Cemetery, Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday October 5, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.