In 1904, the Carnegie Foundation awarded the town of St. Marys a grant of $10,000 to build a public library. Local architect J.A. Humphris used classical motifs and St. Marys limestone to design a building that complemented the neighbouring town hall. The children’s wing to the east was completed in 1988.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info15 Church Street North
St. Marys, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1904; children’s wing, 1988
Architect: J.A. Humphris
Building type: Library
Dates/hours openSaturday October 16, 2021
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.