When George Tracy – one of St. Marys' earliest settlers – built this house for his family in 1854, it was the largest residence in the area. The neighbourhood park surrounding the building today is what remains of the extensive grounds of this Castle in the Bush. A fine example of domestic limestone construction, it has been a museum since 1959.
- Full wheelchair access
Contact info177 Church Street South
St. Marys, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1854
Architect: Robert Barbour
Building type: Historical house, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday October 16, 2021
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.