St. Marys Central School was the largest stone structure in town at one time. It remains important as the last example of institutional (even domestic) stone construction in St. Marys. Closed in 2010, the school has been sympathetically converted to luxury condominiums. During Doors Open, a second-floor apartment will be available for touring, as well as common areas.
- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info189 Elizabeth Street
St. Marys, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1914
Architect: Watt and Blackwell (architects); Walter J. Leslie (local builder)
Architectural style: Classical revival
Building type: Private residence, Schoolhouse
Dates/hours openSaturday September 28, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.