Built with cedar from an 1850 barn, this building is a replica of a mid-19th-century stack-wall machine shed once found throughout Lanark County. It houses approximately 1,000 artifacts from the 18th and 19th centuries that relate to food and agriculture. Photographs of 19th-century farm life will also be on display. The site is open by appointment outside of Doors Open.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info1112 Matheson Drive
Smiths Falls, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 2001
Architect: Bill Dobson
Building type: Food and drink, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday September 15, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.