A one-time Jesuit chapel, this plank-framed building was converted into a residence in 1928 by a locally prominent lumbering family. The third generation of the same family still owns and resides in the house, which maintains many original features – including plank walls, pine ceilings, floors, doors, trim and furniture. The site has been designated under the Ontario Heritage Act.
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info200 Cherry Street
ArchitectureYear built: pre-1914
Architect: Catholic Order of Foresters
Building type: Private residence
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.