The Orillia Museum of Art & History is housed in the landmark Sir Sam Steele Memorial Building, which was originally a customs house and post office, built between 1892 and 1894. The museum is a hub of culture and heritage, with 12,000 artifacts in their collection – ranging from artwork and textiles to metal and woodwork.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info30 Peter Street South
ArchitectureYear built: 1894
Architect: Thomas Fuller
Architectural style: Neoclassical
Building type: Attraction, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.