This 4.5 metre by 6 metre (15 foot by 20 foot) building was erected in 1892 at a cost of $425.20. Its first resident was a black cow, but most of the “guests” were incarcerated overnight to “dry out.” It stopped serving as a jail in the early 1940s and today it is open for visitors.
Contact info165 Library Street
Telephone: 705-428-6230, ext. 249
ArchitectureYear built: 1892
Building type: Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.