Tornaveen, this house’s original name, was built for Frank Telfer of the Telfer Biscuit Company. In 1924, the house was sold to the Gowans’ Home for Missionaries’ Children. In 1992, the house was purchased by the National Ski Academy as a boarding school. Today, it accommodates 22 students and offers classroom training as well as local ski hill instruction.
- Guided tours available
Contact info200 Oak Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1896
Architect: Fred Hodgson
Architectural style: Queen Anne revival
Building type: Historical house
Dates/hours openSaturday September 21, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.