Knox Presbyterian became a reality in 1856, but not until Johnston and Thompson – two Scottish gentlemen – had travelled on foot to Toronto to gain permission to build the kirk. By 1883, the congregation had outgrown the church. So, instead of rebuilding, the existing structure was split in two and six metres (20 feet) were added in the middle.
- Partial wheelchair access
Contact info5202 Highway 12
ArchitectureYear built: 1856
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.