This unusually shaped building – erected as a military drill hall and armoury – was the headquarters of the 35th Battalion Simcoe Foresters until 1914 when it became auxiliary to the new Queen’s Park armoury. In 1948, it became a farmers’ market. In recent years, the building was revitalized and designated for its architectural/historical significance, and is now a regimental museum.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info36 Mulcaster Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1888-89
Building type: Military, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday September 21, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.