This cemetery was established in 1855. It was one of the only integrated cemeteries of its time, with black, white and Aboriginal peoples all buried in it. It remained an active cemetery until 1940, but fell into a state of disrepair by the 1960s. In 1997, Jane Cooper-Wilson and the Silver Shoe Historical Society restored the site.
Contact info2249 Creemore Avenue
New Lowell, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1855
Building type: Cemetery
Landscape: Natural heritage
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.