The Cathedral of Saint Peter-in-Chains was constructed between 1837 and 1838 and became the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Peterborough in 1882. Built of stone quarried from Jackson’s Park, it retains its original Gothic revival style, despite numerous renovations and additions. Please note that the cathedral will close at 3:30 p.m.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Self-guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Contact info316 Hunter Street West
ArchitectureYear built: 1837-38
Architectural style: Gothic revival
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday May 4, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.