This church was completed in 1834, shortly after the community was founded. Consecrated by Bishop G.J. Mountain, it was financed by Admiral Henry Vansittart and constructed under the direction of his agent, Captain Andrew Drew. During the Rebellions of 1837-38, the building became a temporary jail for prisoners captured by the local militia. Tours of the church and cemetery available.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info723 Dundas Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1834
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday October 5, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.