The original town hall, built in 1868-69, was largely destroyed by fire in 1961. In 1965, this new city hall was constructed. In 2015, council approved renovations of the existing building to add more meeting space and record storage, and to make the building fully accessible, improve the exterior, and create new energy-efficient building systems. It re-opened in November 2018.
- Full wheelchair access
Contact info808 2nd Avenue East
Owen Sound, Ontario
Telephone: 519-376-4440, ext. 1256
ArchitectureYear built: 1965
Architect: Weir Cripps & Partners
Architectural style: International
Building type: Green building
Dates/hours openSaturday June 6, 2020
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.