The First United Church has a history dating back to 1842 in the Ojibway reserve of Newash. The current church building opened in 1955. This year, First United will be the starting point for the Wiidosendiwag-Walking Together Tour of the traditional territory of the Saugeen Ojibway Nation. Guided tours will be available throughout the day.
- French services available
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info435 21st Street West
Owen Sound, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1955
Architectural style: International
Building type: Place of worship
Landscape: Natural heritage, Trail
Dates/hours openSaturday June 1, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; book and bake sale (8 a.m. to 1 p.m.); guided tours at 10 and 11:30 a.m., and 1 and 2:30 p.m.