In 1931, the Canadian National Railway built this station, which had a separate waiting room for women and children, to replace the original Grand Trunk station. Passenger service ended in 1970. Today, the station is a landmark and tourism hub, housing the Community Waterfront Heritage Centre. This site will be the Doors Open Headquarters and will provide guided tours.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info1155 1st Avenue West
Owen Sound, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1931
Building type: Historical landmark, Museum, Transportation
Dates/hours openSaturday June 1, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.