First occupied by the Calvary Church, this building has housed the synagogue since 1946. Named for Ezekiel Cadesky, a Russian immigrant who settled here in the early 1900s, the structure draws from the tradition of simple, turn-of-the-20th-century Georgian meeting halls. Intricate stained-glass windows tell the story of many member families. Designated under the Ontario Heritage Act in 1990.
- Guided tours available
Contact info313 11th Street East
Owen Sound, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1903
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSunday June 3, 2018
Sunday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.