The Lemieux Island Water Purification Plant opened in 1932 and has maintained its architectural magnificence through 87 years of modernization. From the Queenston limestone exteriors to a gallery made of Hauteville marble, this plant is always busy purifying Ottawa’s tap water. Parking is limited.
- Guided tours available
Contact info1 Onigam Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1932
Architectural style: Art deco
Dates/hours openSaturday June 1, 2019
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; last tour at 3:15 p.m.; French tours at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.