This house was built in 1901 by J.R. Booth for his daughter, Gertrude Fleck. The house remained her private residence until her death in 1940. It was then purchased by Senator Norman Paterson, who lived in it until his death in 1983. The house was bought by the Algerian Embassy in 2002 and is now used as a chancery.
- French services available
Contact info500 Wilbrod Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1901
Architect: John W.H. Watts
Architectural style: Queen Anne revival
Building type: Historical house, Private residence
Dates/hours openSaturday June 1, 2019
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.