Built in 1867, the year of Canada’s Confederation, by M.K. Dickinson, founder of the village of Manotick, this 150-year-old house was the residence, from 1870 to 1972, of the Dickinson, Spratt and Watson families, owners/operators of the grist mill across the square. The house was visited by Sir John A. Macdonald during the 1887 general election.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info1127 Mill Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1867
Architect: M.K. Dickinson
Building type: Historical house, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday June 1 – Sunday June 2, 2019
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.