This is one of the most superb examples of early railway architecture in Ontario, constructed in the Queen Anne style. The depot – the community’s second station – was constructed by the Grand Trunk Railway to replace the 1860s one. While it closed as a railway station in 1927, it reopened as the community’s first official library in 1937.
Contact info4020 Petrolia Line
ArchitectureYear built: 1903
Architect: Grand Trunk Railway
Architectural style: Queen Anne
Building type: Library, Transportation
Dates/hours openSaturday September 28, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.