The Government of Ontario recognizes St. Mark's, founded in 1843, as a historical structure. Constructed of native limestone, the church is a fine example of Gothic revival architecture. It was built with the aid of funds subscribed by the British Admiralty and by settlers of Barriefield, many of them employees of the Royal Navy dockyard at Navy Bay.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Contact info268 Main Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1843
Architect: Alfred Brunel
Architectural style: Gothic revival
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday June 16, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.