The Kingston Yacht Club, established in 1896, is one of Canada’s oldest yacht clubs. The original clubhouse (designed by Henry Smith in 1906-07) was destroyed by fire in 1934. The current clubhouse was built in 1935, and offers uninterrupted panoramic views of the St. Lawrence River and Lake Ontario. The Club hosted the sailing events of the 1976 Summer Olympics.
- Guided tours available
- Self-guided tours available
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info1 Maitland Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1896; rebuilt in 1935 after fire
Dates/hours openSaturday June 16, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.