This spacious structure, built in 1837 by James Wallis, later became a boarding facility for ministers, teachers and families passing through the area. Since 1963, it has functioned as a museum. During Doors Open 2019, it will play host to several interactive activities with a communications theme – including making tin-can telephones, composing cross-written letters and writing in invisible ink!
- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Contact info50 Oak Street
Fenelon Falls, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1837
Architectural style: Vernacular
Building type: Historical landmark, Historical house, Museum
Dates/hours openSunday September 8, 2019
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.