The congregation of the Church of the Ascension is celebrating its 125th anniversary this year. After the two original buildings were replaced, the current church was rebuilt in 1927. After a 1990 fire, the stained-glass windows were restored with the original glass and new lead. A cross made from timbers from the church roof is in the memorial garden.
- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info1385 University Avenue West
ArchitectureYear built: 1927
Architect: Sheppard and Mason
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday September 22, 2018
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.