This elegant house was built for Toronto financier James Austin in 1866. A recent restoration, using letters, photos and other archival documents as references, has made the Spadina residence an authentic recreation of what it looked like in the 1920s and 1930s – the only historical Toronto site representing that time period. Co-owned by the City and the Ontario Heritage Trust.
- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info285 Spadina Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1866; 1896
Architect: Original unknown; 1896, Vaux Chadwick
Building type: Attraction, Historical landmark, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday May 26 – Sunday May 27, 2018
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.