This schoolhouse was built in 1869 by the farming families of the rural community known as L'Amoreaux. Several generations of children attended the school until it closed in 1955. One of hundreds of schoolhouses that used to dot the Ontario landscape, the Zion Schoolhouse serves as a rare reminder of how education was provided in rural areas in the past.
- Full wheelchair access
Contact info1091 Finch Avenue East
North York, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1869
Architectural style: Gothic revival
Building type: Attraction, Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSaturday May 26 – Sunday May 27, 2018
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.