Constructed in 1906, this building operated as a firehall for 79 years, and was the area's last horse stable station to be retired. Purchased in 1987 by the Thunder Bay Multicultural Association, the Court Street façade was renovated to recall its original design. The Cooke Street façade was restored with its original brickwork and the hose tower remains intact.
- Guided tours available
- Partial wheelchair access
Contact info17 Court Street North
Thunder Bay, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1906
Architect: Thomas Hanley (Port Arthur)
Architectural style: Italianate
Dates/hours openSaturday September 8, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.