This site is a remnant of Canada’s nuclear past. Through the Port Granby Project, Canadian Nuclear Laboratories is safely transporting 450,000 cubic metres of low-level radioactive waste away from the Lake Ontario shoreline for long-term storage in a newly engineered facility. The waste was deposited at the legacy site between 1955 and 1988 by former Crown corporation Eldorado Nuclear Limited.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact infoIntersection of Lakeshore Road and Nichols Road
ArchitectureBuilding type: Commercial
Dates/hours openSaturday June 9, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (last entry at 2:30 p.m.)