With the discovery of uranium around Centre and Paudash lakes, new communities developed. More than half of the newcomers, mainly Catholic, were French-Canadian from northern Ontario and Quebec. In early days, mass was celebrated on portable altars in private homes. Then, in 1956, this church was built – with funds raised through bingos, bake sales and lotteries.
- Full wheelchair access
Contact info2761 Monck Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1956
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday September 14 – Sunday September 15, 2019
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday mass at 11 a.m. (all are welcome)