In 1853, the son of a Scottish baronet purchased this property and created one of the largest estates in Ancaster – with a stone mansion, outbuildings and this gatehouse, known as The Lodge, which housed his gardener and family. Only ruins remain of the manor house, destroyed by fire in 1934. The gatehouse has been retained and developed as a museum.
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info621 Sulphur Springs Road (at the corner of Mineral Springs Road)
ArchitectureYear built: c. 1855
Architectural style: Ontario cottage
Building type: Museum
Landscape: Conservation area
Dates/hours openSaturday May 4 – Sunday May 5, 2019
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.