The former Gibson School – named in 1914 for Lieutenant Governor of Ontario Sir John Morison Gibson (1908-14) – evolved from a one-room schoolhouse in 1854 on this site, S.S. No. 7, Barton Township. Tour the former school and see how it will be adaptively reused as the Gibson School Lofts with residential lofts, retail and live/work units.
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info601 Barton Street East
ArchitectureYear built: 1910 (8 rooms); 1914 (12-room addition)
Architect: Stewart et Witton (Walter Wilson Stewart)
Building type: Historical landmark, Schoolhouse
Dates/hours openSaturday May 5 – Sunday May 6, 2018
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.