Experience a self-guided visit of this Italianate-style villa built in 1834 for Sir Allan MacNab, one of Canada's first premiers. Experience what life upstairs and downstairs was like at this grand country estate. Enjoy hands-on activities led by costumed staff, explore the rarely opened Cockpit building and drop by the two-acre kitchen garden for some spring gardening tips.
- Partial wheelchair access
- National Historic Site (Canada)
- Self-guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info610 York Blvd.
ArchitectureYear built: 1835
Architect: Robert Wetherell
Architectural style: Italianate
Building type: Historical landmark, Historical house, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday May 2 – Sunday May 3, 2020
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.