Doors Open Ontario

While this site has participated in Doors Open Ontario in the past, it is not part of the current season’s program. Please check the Home page for this year’s events and participating sites.

Church of the Nativity Doors Open Hamilton

Church of the Nativity

The Church of the Nativity – founded in 1878 as St. Mary’s, Bartonville – was established in 2006 with the amalgamation of the parishes of St. Mary’s and Grace Church, Hamilton (founded 1919). View the intricately carved chapel reredos – originally in the 1881 stone church – stained-glass windows, archival photographs and worship artifacts from both former parishes.

Tell us your story about this site

  • Full wheelchair access
  • Guided tours available
  • Parking
  • Self-guided tours available
  • Washrooms

Contact info

1831 King Street East (at Barons Avenue)
Hamilton, Ontario
Telephone: 905-549-4335
www.worshipwithnativity.org

Architecture

Year built: 1880-81; 1953 (chancel renovation and nave addition); 1967 (Chapel of the Holy Family, parish hall, meeting rooms and offices)
Architect: Charles Willer Mulligan; Husband, Robertson & Wallace (1953); Charles Lenz (1967)
Building type: Place of worship

Dates/hours open

Saturday May 5 – Sunday May 6, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday service at 10 a.m. (all are welcome)

Church of the Nativity 1831 King Street East (at Barons Avenue)