Christ’s Church Cathedral is built on the original site of the first Anglican church in Hamilton; it was founded in 1835 as a small wooden church. The congregation grew to require a larger stone building, which was constructed in 1852. Consecrated as a cathedral in 1875, the building houses exquisite creations in stained glass, woodwork and limestone.
- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info252 James Street North
ArchitectureYear built: 1835, 1852, 1873, 1925
Architect: William Thomas; Langley & Burke (1873-75); William Palmer Witton (1925)
Architectural style: Gothic revival
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday May 4 – Sunday May 5, 2019
Saturday and Sunday: Noon to 4 p.m.