Originally built in 1858 as a Methodist church, this structure later became the local headquarters for the Canadian Legion. Since 1949, the building has been home to the Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps Iron Duke. The Sea Cadets is a free program that teaches youth leadership, seamanship and more. See the Gothic-revival architecture and hear about the 1980 fire!
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info451 Elizabeth Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1858
Architectural style: Gothic revival
Building type: Historical landmark, Military
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.