This lighthouse was built to replace the original 1836 structure that was destroyed by massive waves in 1886. In 1960, the Canadian Department of Transportation replaced the lighthouse with a modern steel structure, abandoning the original lighthouse. Members of the Oakville Yacht Squadron and concerned local residents salvaged the old lighthouse and moved it to its present location.
- Partial wheelchair access
- National Historic Site (Canada)
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Contact info97 Forsythe Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1889
Architect: Henry George (Port Elgin)
Building type: Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.