Between 1838 and 1840, town founder William Chisholm donated the land for this church and parishioners raised funds to build it. The beautiful windows and furnishings highlight and emphasize the church’s natural setting. Wander along the adjacent Waterfront Trail and Oakville Trail systems. Special exhibit: The St. John’s Bible – the first illuminated Bible commissioned in over 500 years.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Self-guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Contact info41 Reynolds Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1840
Architectural style: Classical revival, Gothic revival
Building type: Place of worship
Landscape: Landscape, Trail
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.