From 1854 to 1988, this location was Burlington's railway arrival and departure centre – connecting local residents with Toronto, Chicago and Buffalo. Built in 1906 for the Grand Trunk Railway as a combination passenger and baggage depot, the Burlington West Station (formerly Burlington Junction, known as Freeman Station) exhibits stylistic features characteristic of Grand Trunk Railway stations constructed in that decade.
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info1285 Fairview Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1906
Architect: Grand Trunk Railway
Building type: Transportation
Dates/hours openSaturday September 28, 2019
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.