Built by United Empire Loyalist Colonel Robert Nelles, this stone mansion is the oldest continuously inhabited house between Niagara-on-the-Lake and Kingston. The house has passed through four successive generations. In 2016, owners Barry and Linda Coutts generously donated it to a charitable, non-profit corporation. Now run by volunteers, the manor has been converted into a museum and heritage house.
- Guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Contact info126 Main Street West
ArchitectureYear built: 1788
Architectural style: Georgian
Building type: Historical landmark, Historical house, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday September 21, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.