Opened in 1923, this was one of the last Carnegie libraries to be built in North America. In 2011, Terence Haight donated a substantial sum of money to Gravenhurst, which became the Haight Endowment fund, to be used for community priorities. It is fitting that these two philanthropists’ names should be associated with this prominent heritage structure.
- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info275 Muskoka Road South
ArchitectureYear built: 1923
Architect: Andrew Ferguson, builder
Building type: Library
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.