After leasing the original unfinished structure, Frank Wasley purchased the Albion in 1880. Destroyed in the 1887 Great Fire, it was rebuilt in 1888. The three-storey structure featured 25 rooms, an elaborate balcony and Romanesque arched windows. Renovated in the 1980s, the building was commemorated with a plaque in 2016. Arts at the Albion has given the building new life.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info100 Muskoka Road North
ArchitectureYear built: 1888
Architectural style: Romanesque revival
Building type: Attraction, Commercial, Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.