St. Stephen's Anglican Church is located in Burwell’s Corners, named for Colonel Mahlon Burwell (one of Talbot’s surveyors). Through the sale of land, Burwell provided money to build this church in 1871-72. In 1927, money was collected for a Perpetual Care Fund for the nearby cemetery, located just east of the church. Burwell and his wife are buried here.
- Self-guided tours available
Contact infoJust west of the intersection of Fingal Line and Iona Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1871
Building type: Cemetery, Place of worship
Dates/hours openSunday October 20, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.