This two-storey building was constructed as a general store in 1888 for James Owen and Mary Lumley. Over the years, it has served many purposes – from telephone switchboard and gas station to post office and antique store. Note the rounded Italianate windows and arched doorways of the main-floor entrance to the apartment upstairs (which will also be open).
- Guided tours available
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info8979 County Road 14
ArchitectureYear built: 1888
Architectural style: Italianate
Building type: Commercial
Dates/hours openSunday October 20, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.