This one-storey wooden structure – which encapsulates a number of classical revival features – is one of the last examples of this style built locally. Historically, the building was home to the Freewill Baptist Church and, later, the Church of Christ Disciples. The Women’s Institute held meetings here and, in 1913, the building became a community hall, which purpose it still serves.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info8851 Iona Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1862
Architect: Coates Keillor and John Lumley
Architectural style: Classical revival
Building type: Attraction
Dates/hours openSunday October 20, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.