Sir John Johnson (a prominent colonial military leader and administrator) founded Williamstown in 1784 after the American Revolution. He built this house – one of the oldest west of Quebec – as well as a gristmill and sawmill. Johnson helped settle disbanded Loyalist soldiers and their families. During Doors Open, the Glengarry Archives will also be open (call ahead with research requests).
- Partial wheelchair access
- National Historic Site (Canada)
- Guided tours available
Contact info19692 William Street
ArchitectureYear built: Begun in 1784
Architectural style: Georgian
Building type: Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSaturday August 17 – Sunday August 18, 2019
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.